||[Feb. 21st, 2006|10:26 pm]
visiting hours and rules are as follows:|
* 12-8 every day (this is vaguely flexible)
* 2 people at a time, though if more than two people show up independently (unplanned), they aren't going to send someone home
* you can bring me things, but all packages will be inspected by the nurses to make sure there isn't any forbidden food. which leads me to my next point:
* you can't bring any food or drink into my room. at all. i'm on a very strict diet, they have to keep track of everything i eat. they don't think it would be fair to me to bring in chocolate or mcdonalds or whatever else.
* my room is under video surveillance 24/7, to make sure of my compliance with this study. you know, to make sure i'm not getting up, dancing a jig, and getting back into bed again. protocol deviation!
* you personally will not be subjected to any weird tests while you are there. but, you may witness me being subjected to weird tests on any given day. (tuesdays in particular, it seems)
* i'm kicking everyone out for bathroom time (which is embarrassing enough as it is. jeez.)
* as well as full body massage time. (monday wednesday friday, times vary with the masseuse's schedule.)
* you are welcome to accompany me to my lab suspension sessions, which are every weekday from 130-3. but you'll have to be in my room before patient transport gets here, because these guys are not only quick, they are punctual: one minute i'm here, the next minute i'm gone.
the most important rule:
IF YOU (or your significant other/kids) HAVE A COLD, PLEASE DO NOT COME VISIT. getting a cold on the outside is bad enough, but in the head down tilt (HDT) position, it will be awful. i have been warned extensively on this, and i'm already having enough problems with my sinus congestion.
and, as always, please wash your hands. :-)
i think i've got everything. whew